California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA); Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Last updated: June, 2020
If you are a California resident, you have various additional rights in connection with our use of your Personal Information and privacy rights, including the right to opt out of the “sale” of your Personal Information.
- Access. Request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Deletion. Request deletion of your Personal information.
- Disclosure. Request disclosure of the categories of Personal Information we collect, the purposes for which we collect, sell or disclose that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the information.
- Opt Out. Opt out of the "sale" of your Personal Information
Even though we do not sell Personal Information to these companies for money, however, in the prior 12 months, we have shared Personal Information or permitted third parties (online analytics and advertising companies, affiliates, and co-brand partners) to use Personal Information and California law may characterize our sharing of the following categories of information with companies that provide services to you or to us, such as personalizing your experience with us or helping us to market or advertise our products and services to you, as "sales" of personal information under CCPA:
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information
- Purchase or other commercial information
- Demographic information
- Identifiers and contact information
To exercise your CCPA privacy rights, submit a request using one of the methods described below, and provide the information required. Once we receive your request, we will validate the information that you provide and send a message to the email address you provide in the request, asking you to verify that it is your email address. Please follow the instructions in that email to verify your email address. We will begin processing your request once you verify your email address.
- Request Access to the specific pieces of Personal Information about you that we have collected in the preceding 12 months.
- Request Deletion of the Personal Information that we have collected from you. We may retain Personal Information as required or permitted by law, and will maintain a copy of your deletion request.
- Request Disclosure of the categories or types of Personal Information we collect, the purposes for which we collect, sell or disclose that information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose information.
- Request to Opt Out ("Do Not Sell My Information") of "selling" your Personal Information.
APG shall provide you with a free means to makes the above requests or to opt-out of such sharing. If you want to exercise instruct us to no longer share your Personal Information with third parties who will use it for direct marketing purposes, please let us know by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make a request to exercise your rights listed above, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make. We will match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request.
To make your request or opt out under the CCP, our California consumers may email us at email@example.com. California consumers will be required to submit their name, email address, and telephone number, and may also be asked to provide their address, and a recent order number so that we can verify the request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to help us verify the request. We will only use the information received in a request for the purposes of responding to the request.
We do not discriminate against you for requesting any of the rights noted above.
If you would like an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions and details on proof required for use of an authorized agent.
We may make changes to this Notice, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by posting the updated Notice on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Notice.